Trolling

 

Trolling

I am a kind, shy and naive boy. In other words - perfect target for trolling and cyberbullying. It's hard to imagine how cruel people can be, until you see it. And I see a lot of it

Good thing - I am not “live” in the internet (not counting self-isolation period) and I am sort of easygoing, so I don't really care about idiots. But it still sometimes hurts me. I really fear for people who cannot be so easy about it. It's a real problem and we should fight with it.


If we speak about the three components of Mitnick's formula - technology, training, rules - I am not sure that technology can be used to fight with it (if they are not going too far and not try to hack you). But training and rules can be very useful.

 I already think that it's useless to try to educate trolls and bullies. We will never see their extinction. It means that people should be trained how to deal with them and rules about communication on the internet should be taught. People should know how to not say something to give trolls more pain points. 

Also everyone should know how to protect your private information. Cyberstalkers can be pretty creepy. When someone bullies you with information that you never tell them, it can be very scary, even I get paranoia. They can be dangerous for people without strong personalities.

And the most important (in my opinion), we should teach people not only how to protect themself, but also teach them how important it is to help others. People who already have some sort of immunity to trolls should defend people who can be easily bullied. If not defend, but at least show them some support. With this internet becomes a lot less toxic.


So, I finished my almost last post with a request. Please, do not be bullied and help others with cyberbullying!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethics and IT

A few facts about history of video games.

Introduction