Netiquette rule nr 6 - Share expert knowledge!

 Netiquette rule nr 6 - Share expert knowledge!


I am an IT student, so when I saw this rule my first thought was  “STACKOVERFLOW!!!”.

I feel sorry for mom, who studied programming a long time ago before 2008. Without possibility to ask someone on the internet she must go to professor consultation or use trial and error methods. It's no need to tell that programmer life nowadays is a lot easier and faster than it was before question-and-answer websites like Stackoverflow became renowned.


I do remont in my house by myself, so when I saw this rule my second thought was  “YouTube!”.

I was never teached how to use instrumen or do some building things. If there were no video instructions on YouTube, we would have to spend  money to hire professionals. But thanks to workers who share their expert knowledge, even amature like me did a pretty normal renovation by myself.


I am an EVE online player, so when I saw this rule my third thought was “Community!”.

Eve online is a VERY complicated game ( because that it even deserves an alternative name - Excel table online). And in-game tutorials do not help a lot. But thanks to the community, learning the game became a lot easier. You can always ask questions in help chat and get answers without trolling like “NOOB!” (partly because games are so complicated that even old players do not know everything and often ask questions in help chat). Also in the game are corporations(guilds) who named themself “Academy”. It's really in the game academy, where experienced players tech new pilots. That's why mostly what players know about the game is from the game community.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethics and IT

Two pre-internet phenomena

A few facts about history of video games.